Armdale Yacht Club (AYC), Halifax, NS
AYC is a non-profit organization with approximately 270 members. It has a Clubhouse, Workshop, Sail Training Centre, Marina, Yard Storage and Mooring fields.
We are presently seeking an energetic self-starter to maintain our marine operations, and promote a safe and respectful workplace by staff and members alike. The ideal candidate is experienced in managing marinas, mooring field operations, fuel dock, vessels, storage areas, and marina staff. The Marine Services Manager reports directly to the Commodore of the Committee of Management, or their delegate, and has supervisory responsibility for all marina services staff.
- all aspects of managing marine services staff, including hiring, training, performance management, disciplinary and corrective actions, and termination in accordance with appropriate processes
- working member of the marine services delivery team that provides a service oriented approach and good member relations in dealing with all technical and operational matters pertaining to marina, mooring field, fuel facility and boatyard services
- administrative tasks such as requisitions for goods and services; work orders; work plans (annual, monthly, weekly); activities reports (daily/weekly); cost breakdowns for work performed; cost estimates for work planned;
- respond to after-hours emergency situations (storms, equipment failure etc.) and take necessary action
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in a management or supervisory role in a client service delivery or similar business
- Experience in a yachting or recreational boating organization would be an asset
- Business training or equivalent work experience would be an asset
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License
- Possession of a Pleasure Craft Operator Card and ability to operate a small power driven vessel would be an asset
- Motivated self-starter who can work with a minimum of supervision
- Effective communication, customer service/interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making skill
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and effectively collaborate with members, staff, and the general public
- Leadership, team building and organizational skills
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Computer skills with proficiency in word processing, e-mails, internet, etc.
- Good business sense with an understanding of financial and budget management
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and respond to shifting priorities
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to work flexible hours on occasion in response to operational priorities
TO APPLY: Please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume or download an AYC Employment Application: (PDF) (DOC) and complete all required information fields. Send by e-mail to: email@example.com, or hand deliver to the AYC Office at 75 Burgee Run, Halifax, NS by the application deadline noted below. Please note, while all applications are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time staff position; 40 hour standard work week (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM), with flexibility around the operational requirements of the AYC.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits package as approved by AYC.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 12, 2019 at 4:30 PM. Late applications may not receive consideration.
AYC is an equal opportunity employer, and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We are determined to hire the best candidate available; hiring is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.