Referrals are a great way for AYC to acquire new members. As an existing member of AYC, you can play an important part in adding ‘friends’ to our Club! AYC encourages new member referrals – for every confirmed referral by an AYC member that leads to a new Membership, you will receive the following as a “thank you”:
|For each confirmed referral of a…||You will receive…|
(A yacht owner
keeping a yacht
|Credit applied to your next year’s Membership Dues of up to $200 or the maximum amount of your annual Membership Dues, whichever is the lesser. (If total credits exceed the full annual dues for the following year, the remaining credits will be carried over to the following year’s annual dues (i.e. Social Member refers 2 Senior members in the same year, that member receives Membership Dues credit spread over 2 years).|
(A non-boat owner)
|Your name will be entered into a draw* for a $50 credit applied to your AYC food and beverage account|
- A new Member is defined as a first-time member of AYC.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make.
- Only one referral credit will be made by AYC for each new Member referred during the period of the program. In the case where more than one referral form is received for the same new Senior Member, the credit will be divided equally among each confirmed referral claim form.
- The period between a claim for a referral credit and an application for membership to the AYC Office by the person being referred must not exceed twelve (12) months.
- Rewards must be accepted as awarded. Rewards have no cash value and cannot be substituted for other fees and/or dues, or combined with any other offers, nor be transferred to another member’s account.
*The draw will take place at the annual Budget & Election Meeting in November.
Information brochures about the Armdale Yacht Club can be downloaded from this site.
It’s easy to make a referral:
- Identify prospective new member; discuss benefits of joining AYC
- Complete a copy of the referral claim form below, and send to the AYC Office by e-mail or fax (as noted on the form). If making more than one referral, please complete a separate form for each referral.
- Once the prospective new member application has been approved and their payment processed by AYC, a referral credit will be made to the account of the Member who made the referral.
Please complete the claim form below and send by e-mail to email@example.com or Fax to 1-902-477-0148. For Office inquiries, please call 902-477-4617.
Note: To become a member, a completed AYC Application for Membership must be submitted to the AYC Office, for approval by the Committee of Management (COM). The application must be signed by two members of the Club who shall act as sponsors. In lieu of sponsors, applicants will be subjected to an interview process by an appropriate authority approved by the COM. Dues and entrance fees must accompany the application.