Senior – Boat Owner; 25+ years of age
Intermediate – Boat Owner; 19 through 24 years of age
Junior – Boat Owner; 12 through 18 years of age
Social* – No Boat; 19+ years of age
Affiliate – Member of another Yacht Club; No boating services; 19+ years of age
Outport – From outside Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM); May be with Boat; 19+ years of age
*NEW! Group Social Member Discount for Groups of ten (10) or more who purchase a Social Membership at the same time. Each Member of the Group receives $50 off Membership Dues and a $50 Food & Beverage Gift Certificate for the AYC Bar/Dining Room. Click here for full details.
Whether or not you come with a boat, as a member of AYC you can participate in the Club’s many scheduled activities. AYC is a perfect place to socialize with friends and family, and make new acquaintances too!
Click here to check out all the Features of AYC…
Joining is easy! Download the AYC Application for Membership form below. Complete in full, and mail or drop off to the AYC Office, along with membership payment.
…ONCE YOU BECOME A MEMBER…
Marina and Mooring assignments, and Launch or Haul Out bookings are made by the Marine Services Manager (MSM) at 902-477-4617, Ext. 2, then 2 or Manager 902-476-2064 (direct) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . We monitor Channel 68 for service Yard Hours Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Refer to ‘Rules Respecting Grounds, Moorings, Marinas & Other Facilities’ for more info re Tender Service, Moorings, Marinas.
MARINA SLIPWAY REGULATIONS
- Use of marine slipway for period beyond normal requirements of launch or haul out requires prior approval of the MSM.
- Boats hauled on marine slipway, other than an “emergency”, must use a cradle or have prior approval of the MSM.
- For launch or haul, boat owner or their representative must deliver their boat to and from the slip. If Yard crew provides this service, labour/work boat rate of $62 per hour (minimum ½ hr) will be charged.
- Hauling of heavy boats must have prior approval of the COM. Approved vessel list is in AYC Office.
- Scheduling haul outs of wet stored boats in Spring is done with the MSM.
- Haul, launch and other Yard services provided only to members in good standing with the club.
LAUNCH or HAUL OUT PROCEDURES
A completed Launch/ Haul Out Waiver & Request form must be sent to the AYC Office. Members must also have current member profile and boating services information on file, as well as proof of current insurance showing member name, vessel name, insurance company name, coverages and expiry date. All forms available in the Members Area of this web site. If you or your representative can not be present during your launch/haul time, your boat must be unlocked. If Staff needs to move your boat and it is locked, they cannot be held responsible for any damage to your vessel. Ropes and fenders should be placed in your boat in full view and be easily accessible to the Yard staff. Extra fees are charged if these items are not available and Club lines or fenders need to be used.
ASSIGNMENTS OF MARINAS & SERVICES
Assignment of marinas, dry storage & lockers is based on a waiting list. Positions are assigned based on the date of the request. The order of the assignment of a marina also depends on boat type and dimensions. If you are called about availability of a service and decline, your name will be moved to the bottom of the list. The marina change list takes priority over new marina requests. If you have a marina request, please contact the MSM.
- Carry your membership card on you while at the Club.
- Label your cradle, trailer and tender with your member number and/or name somewhere visible.
- When you bring guest(s) to the Clubhouse, you must sign them into the guest book & accompany them during their stay.
- You are encouraged to introduce yourself to the Club staff so you are familiar to them as you require services.
- Ensure you receive the weekly ‘AYC eNews’, and check the AYC web site regularly for information about Club events.
ALL AYC members must provide a current credit card number to the AYC Office & will be transitioned to one of the following billing options:
Payment Plan – Available to Senior, Intermediate & Life Members only. All yearly dues and fees, except Annual Member Dues, Sail Canada Dues and the Food & Beverage Credit (FBC), are totaled and divided into 10 monthly payments. Credit card is charged with 9 equal monthly installments (March 1 through November 1), and the 10th and final installment on December 1 is charged with the actual adjusted balance owed. Any default is automatically charged to the member’s credit card number on file. Note: The aforementioned Annual Member Dues, Sail Canada Dues and the Food & Beverage credit (FBC) amounts must be paid in full upon being invoiced at the beginning of the calendar year. Members using winter power are billed based on an estimate which is adjusted on their account when the meter readings are submitted to the Office.
Auto-Billing – Credit card is automatically charged for the full amount of Invoice within 5 – 7 days from the Invoice date.
Alternatively, a member may provide post-dated cheques with 10 equal payments beginning March 1 based on current fees, requested services and an estimate of previous year’s utilities. Member is informed of any balance owed after December 1 which is payable upon receipt of invoice.
Reinstatement Fee– $100. This fee applies to suspended members; fee plus any outstanding balance.
ARMDALE YACHT CLUB
75 Burgee Run, Halifax, NS B3P 0C9
Office Phone 902-477-4617, Ext. 1, then 2; Fax 902-477-0148; Email email@example.com
Office Hours Tuesday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM*, *Closed 12:00 Noon – 1 PM daily.
We recommend calling ahead if you plan to visit the Office to ensure the Office Administrator is present to assist you.